Friday, June 24, 2011

The first time I saw the Pahsimeroi valley, I thought it was the ugliest place ever. However, since moving here and doing some exploring it really is gorgeous as you find all the little hidden treasures it has tucked away you can't see from the main road. It's beginning to feel like home. Here are some of our adventures:

 
Ridding on the 4-wheeler with Grandpa to check water head gates,

Following a map dad left us on the kitchen table so we could go feed the cowboys,

Going to visit dad at work, and

Going for a drive on the mountain.

Wednesday evening we loaded into the truck with some tin foil dinner stuff. We needed a break and so we headed out to go explore Short Creek, Long Creek, and Dry Creek. Here is what we found:
Something besides sage brush does grow out here, 
Kids find drives boring,
But they don't think it's so bad after you get out of the truck,
There is one flower on the whole mountain that isn't blue or purple,
Mom and MaKatie aren't very helpful with the gates,
And yes daddy still loves his little girl.

MaKatie and I have been working in the yard. By yard we mean weed patch. But look what we found when we pulled some of those weeds:

Yes MaKatie, those are flowers, but not what we're looking for.


These Irises and Oriental Poppies were already growing in our weed patch. Who would have ever guessed Irises bloom in mid-June. Well apparently they do here.

1 comment:

  1. We took our drive through Pahsimeroi while you were in Wyoming, and I thought it was so beautiful. I like where you live! Rylee kept asking if every single place we passed was where you lived. Since we didn't see the old red dodge (and I'm pretty sure you live far off the road) we had a lot of No's. MaKatie is looking less and less like a baby, she is adorable!
    PS My irises are just blooming too.

    ReplyDelete