Friday, July 6, 2012

Time to Celebrate!

June is finally over!!! That is a cause for a HUGE celebration at our house. We have been sooooooo busy. Bryant was in charge of getting enough cows ready to place 600 embryos. That is a process that takes three weeks, and he had four different groups going at the same time. In the meantime, I picked up a part time job cooking for the ranch. I would cook for big events like branding or when the tech was here placing embryos. I cooked for about 6 weeks, 1 to 4 days a week, and anywhere from 5 to 21 people. I had to come up with the menu, do the shopping, cook it, deliver it, and then come home and clean it all up. The cowboys branded close to 4,000 head of cattle also. Bryant only missed one day due to his embryo project. So mix that all together with trying to get the final water of the season spread out and attempting to potty train left us spread pretty thin. We survived though and I am glad June doesn't come for another year! So as you can guess I didn't take the time to take too many pictures.  But this is what I could dig up.


Bryant works with a guy who rodeos quite a bit, so he went down and bucked out one night. He gave it a shot at the Stock Saddle Bronc Riding. I being a horrible photographer didn't see the ride or get any pictures of the actual ride, because I was trying to hard to get a picture. 
We even had enough time one evening to let MaKatie ride. She grows faster than a weed these days, so she doesn't have any boots. I told Bryant she looks like a hippie riding in her water shoes.

Learning to care for her horse.


Occasionally we'd have a few minutes all together. They were treasured moments in the month of June.

Helping mom clean up after making peanut butter bars for the cowboys.

We managed to take a drive with some of the service missionaries one Sunday afternoon up the mountain. It was gorgeous, fun, and we saw lots of wildlife. It was also nice to have someone else there to take a picture with us all in it.

June was crazy, but I guess its good that I took a few pictures. I had forgotten some of the fun things we did already. Maybe I didn't get everything done that I wanted too like potty training. I gave up on it about 10 days ago, cause I was too busy to have the patience I needed. So next week we'll start again. I think she's about got it down really. July seems to have slowed down already and we are enjoying the time together. I am also grateful to be unemployed again. Well as unemployed as a full time stay at home mom can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment