Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's a girl! Aimee Oakes is here and growing like a weed.

We were counting down the days until I could be induced and trying to decide if that's what we wanted to do. But nature took its course instead. We had extra rings on our paper chain.

Aimee Oakes was born April 18th at 2:37 AM weighing in at 7 lbs 6.5 oz and 20.5 inches long.



One of my favorite pictures... MaKatie's face as she saw Aimee for the very first time.

Holding her for the first time.

Coming home from the hospital.

Our nurse made Aimee this cute bow. She was the best nurse ever!

Girl time with Grandma, MaKatie, and Aimee.






One of the best babysitters in training. When Aimee first came home she'd hold her for up to 45 minutes at a time. Now its a few seconds here and there.

One week and 2 days old.

Daddy stopping in for a second to say hi to his girls during the work day! He doesn't love them or anything. Wink, Wink! I am sure grateful to have married such a good dad and husband!

Making no bake Cheesecake for dad's birthday. Poor guy that's all his wife was up to as far as celebrating goes.

2 weeks 3 days
Her two week well child check went great. This little girl gained 12 ounces in 9 days. The doctor was very impressed. I guess they don't call me a jersey cow for nothing- super creamy milk. She weighed in at 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long. (At the two week visit they are just making sure they are back up to their birth weight. Well we surpassed that at her 5 day check.) She is in the 50th percentile for her weight and 75th percentile for her height.

We are adjusting. MaKatie is handling it a lot better than I expected. Major plus for this mama! The mama on the other hand goes back and forth between adjusting well and wondering... what did I get myself into. Some days I feel so far behind on everything that its hopeless to even try and other days I think, "I've got this down. Why was I so worried about it." I now feel like we are a little family. My little family of four is pretty cute and special... if I don't say so myself. (Don't ask me what we were before, but now I just look at the four of us and think we're a family. Weird- I know, but I never claimed not to be weird.)

Shopping or running a quick errand is an oxymoron. Aimee takes MaKatie's spot in the cart, so she has to walk now. She's been good about staying with me, but she's got little legs. Little legs equals a slower pace while mom is trying to hurry so we don't have a mad screaming baby in the store. That's been an adjustment for me but we're making it. Oh and one more thing... it amazed me when MaKatie was little and its still the same. When a mom has a mad baby and is trying to get out of the store as quickly as possible just how many people give you looks like you are a horrible person for not helping your baby out. Can I just let you know that when you are in the check out line paying for your two gallons of milk and she decides she's hungry... there isn't a lot a nursing mom can do until she gets to the car. I'm sorry. Truth be known it stresses me out a hundreds time more than you. I hate to hear my baby cry, so please don't look at me like a horrible person. I am just trying my best. And anybody that's had a newborn recently knows that their eating patterns are totally unpredictable... might be ten minutes between feedings or four hours. Your guess is as good as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Your little girlies are so cute! Makatie is just so grown up!I am sure you are doing great at adjusting and it does take awhile to get into a schedule, but it happens :) I am so glad that you get to be a family now....Hee Hee! You are so silly. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete